Top 5 Home Automation Systems for 2016
Security is a basic human requirement. One way to ensure that a home is kept secure even from the most sophisticated intruders is by use of home automation.
Home automation systems not only improve security but can be used to automate many other things and activities in the home. The range of capabilities a home automation system can serve is determined principally by its compatibility with other devices. From automating home audio and entertainment systems to security and alarms systems, home automation can play a pivotal role in optimizing the functionality of a home.
When shopping for home automation systems, it can be difficult to search among the many different options available on the market. So to help shed light on the top systems, below are reviews of the top five home automation systems of 2016.
HomeSeer Home Automation System
- Compatibility with a wide variety of peripheral devices and applications. Compatible apps include iTunes, Windows media center and windows media player. This makes it possible to integrate the system with home entertainment and audio systems.
- Compatibility with security and HVAC systems. This increases the number of services the system could offer.
- An online store that allows user to select peripherals very easily.
- Compatibility with operating systems like Windows Vista, 7 and 8 and Mac OS.
However, HomeSeer does not offer a home security monitoring subscription. The pros of the system are however, much more than the cons thus this system is highly recommended.
Control4 Home Automation System
Control4 home automation system is an all-in-one system. Among the good features of this system are:
- Compatibility with many peripheral devices especially those utilizing Wi-Fi, ZigBee or Z-wave communication.
- Easy to use and gives user chance to integrate any device they would like in a smart home automation system.
- Possibility of customizing the device based on the needs of the consumer.
However, installation of control4 can be very technical and require professional assistance thus limiting ability of user to expand the system on their own. The ease with which the system can be used overrides the difficulty in installment thus it’s recommended.
Crestron Home Automation System
Crestron is a highly rated system is compatible with many media players including windows media player and iTunes. Crestron home automation system is also compatible to security and HVC systems and the home theater. The system can use a wide variety of peripheral devices many which are manufactured to be compatible to crestron specifically.
The initial installation of the Crestron home automation system is not easy and therefore a user must have licensed dealers installing it for them. These system is a perfect system and highly recommended for homes.
Iris Home Automation System
Iris is a high quality home automation system that is characterized by great features, ease of control and compatibility with a wide range of devices. Iris does not connect to WiFi but rather uses Ethernet with a router or cellular internet with Verizon USB modem. Iris app on android and IOS phones increases ease of using it.
Iris cannot integrate with any media player however. The ease of installation and use however make this system highly recommended.
Vera Home Automation System
Vera home automation system allows very good control system and wide range of software compatibility. The system has great support of remote access. Its compatibility with operating systems and even web browser make its control even better. Vera is compatible with Wi-Fi, X10, Z-wave and ZigBee.