Google Maps marketing has become a vital component for any business embracing local SEO and search engine marketing. Claiming a presence atop Google’s local listings is a powerful means to generate quality, in-market traffic to a business’s website. For this reason, Google maps marketing is an essential investment for all types of companies targeting a local market.
Perhaps the most common reference to Google Maps marketing is the local 3 pack listings. Typically shown above the organic search results and below the PPC ads, the local 3 pack is a unique and highly-sought set of business listings associated with keyword queries that have local relevance (i.e. dentists, chiropractors, restaurants, etc.)
While the local 3 pack is the most influential traffic driver for SEO, there is also the ranked Google Maps search results. These listings, which are based on different variables compared to the 3 pack, are the other component to Google Maps marketing. Together, these platforms give businesses the opportunity to widen their search visibility and grow their business.
To help your business rank higher in both the local 3 pack listings and ranked Google Maps search results, below we share a few Google Maps SEO tips that you can apply (most in-house with the right approach.) Employ these Google Maps marketing and SEO tips and captivate local audiences to visit your company’s website.
Google Maps SEO Ranking Factors
Google Maps SEO includes a number of different strategies and tactics when compared to other forms of SEO. To help bring some of these strategies and tips to life, below are some of the foundational ranking factors that influence Google Maps marketing.
- Verified Google My Business page associated with the business
- 100% populated Google My Business page properly linked to the business website
- Number of customers ratings/reviews on the Google My Business Local page
- Volume and accuracy of “citations” (or mentions of the business name, address, and phone number) on other sites, such as Yelp, Facebook, Yellowpages, LinkedIn, etc.
- Domain authority of the business’s website
- The proximity of the business location to the city center (as defined by Google Maps)
These are a handful of the most influential ranking factors that influence Google Maps SEO. These variable often reflect which businesses appear in the local 3-pack listings in the Google search results. To learn more about Google Maps SEO ranking factors, CaptivateLocal.com offers a number of insights and is Google certified partner.
Google My Business SEO Tips
To properly execute a Google Maps marketing and SEO strategy, a business must first claim, optimize, and verify it’s Google My Business page. In many cases, a business might already have a Google My Business page but not even know it.
As a result, it’s best to start by auditing a business’s web properties, particularly claiming ownership of its Google My Business page. Once claimed and able to edit, a business will need to execute the following Google My Business SEO tips to get the most from Google Maps marketing for local businesses.
- Include all information in entirety, including tagline, about summary, hours of operation, address, contact information, etc.
- Tag the most relevant categories (up to five with one primary category) so that the business can be properly categorized
- Add optimized videos and images of your business
- Implement a review generation strategy to earn more positive customer ratings on Google My Business (in addition to other listings, like Yelp, Yellowpages, etc.)
- Link to your Google My Business page from your website; and link to your website from your Google My Business page.
Proper optimization of your Google My Business page is a pivotal component to a successful Google Maps SEO strategy. By understanding the latter ranking factors and implementing local Google Maps SEO best practices, your company can leap frog its local competitors and drive more in-market traffic to its website.
If you provide local SEO services (or have a savvy internal marketing team that handles your SEO in-house,) then you probably understand the importance of having the right SEO tools.
Certain SEO tools provide the vital intelligence needed to implement effective SEO strategies. Without this intelligence, SEO efforts are purely aimless (and potentially risky.)
To help shed light on the types of tools that local SEO service providers need, below are three essential SEO tools (general types) that you should be aware of.
1. Website Optimization Tools
Website optimization tools tools give you the awareness to distinguish a website’s load speed and technical fluidity as quick, moderate, or too enormous, in addition to what best practices you’re not checking, etc.
Most website optimization tools have attempted to make their platforms valuable and easy to use for both to SEO specialists and amateurs alike. To put it plainly, website optimization tools are designed to be a simple to utilize in order to help website admins and web designers all around enhance the execution of their sites.
Highlight Overview of Website Optimization Tools
- Execution review – they naturally set up together a lot of execution related insights for you taking into account the test outcome. See how your site fits in with execution best practices from Google Page Speed. You can get some extraordinary tips on the most proficient method to accelerate your site along these lines.
- Follow your execution history – they spare every test for you so you can audit it later furthermore perceive how things change after some time (with lovely outlines!).
- Test from different areas – See how quick a site loads in Europe, the United States, and so forth.
- Share your outcomes – They’ve made it simple for you to perform a test and impart it to your companions, work partners or web host.
All tests are finished with genuine web programs, so the outcomes coordinate the end-client encounter precisely. They utilize a bundle of occurrences of Google’s Chrome web program to load sites, record execution information, etc. This data is also best interpreted by a SEO professional or website optimization consulting company.
2. Backlinks Scanning Tools
Backlink scanning tools, such as Backlink Analyzer, are effective weapons in your SEO aresenal. A backlink analysis tool permits you to dissect the approaching connections of a specific page, assess the connection quality, examine the link building strategy of your rivals and enhance your rankings. Utilize backlink scanning tools to check the the links of a particular page and get the essential insights and data. Backlinks reports will give you valuable data in regards to:
- the incoming links of the page
- the pagerank and webzyrank values
- the domain authority
- inward and external links and followed and no-followed links
- different statistics about the backlink type and link quality
- point by point anchor text analysis
Besides, a complete analysis is performed on the anchor text of the connections so as to offer you some assistance with evaluating your present Link Building procedure and discover for which watchwords you will probably accomplish high rankings.
At long last, the device gives a full investigation of the backlinks including:
- The Anchor Text of the Links
- The No-take after Status
- The OBL (outbound link) number of every connection
With local SEO, both the quality and the amount of approaching connections influence the search engine rankings. Therefore, examining the third party referencing techniques and backlinks of your rivals can offer you some assistance with evaluating the opposition, streamline your site and expand your movement. This type of SEO tool has been redesigned with a specific end goal to give you better and more precise backlink analysis reports.
3. Citation Auditing Tools
Each citation source is distinctive and therefore, a considerable measure of physical work is required to optimize every citation to rectify the data. This is the reason proficient local SEO agencies set up their citation clean up service. Such services are vital for competitive local markets, such as local SEO for plastic surgeons, as well as lawyers and other professionals.
With citation auditing tools and clean-up services, you can:
- Complete a full citation audit for your business
- Find all the incorrect information
- Contact each citation source individually
- Alter all of your citation issues
- Convey detailed, comprehensive report
Citation tools for SEO auditing and analysis do this all to ensure you have the best chance of better ranking (and pound your rivals). They basically do all the work for you, and give you good results.