In-motion Wheel Weighers Make Wake In The Truck Scale Market
For shippers, freight forwarders, and related logistics and transport companies, establishing internal systems to comply with truck weight regulation is the best move in curbing truck overloads. Stats show that overloaded trucks increase damages to infrastructure and pose greater hazards like traffic accidents among other road issues. With the evolving technology, new methods of screening and enforcing overloads have been introduced.
In-motion wheel weighers, a form of portable truck scales, have become the most highly-sought tools in distribution and logistics sectors alike. The newly enforced regulations have prompted most companies to adopt reliable, accurate and durable weighing devices to eliminate guesswork. It is therefore imperative for such a company to consider investing in top quality heavy-duty truck scale that delivers the best value and functionality. In-motion wheel weighers are one the best options now on the market, and some weighing scale manufacturing companies offer these advanced truck scales for rent.
New Cutting-Edge Design of In-motion Wheel Weighers
In-motion wheel weighers are lightweight and fully mobile systems that can be used virtually anywhere for weighing heavy-duty vehicles. They are low-profile weighing systems that feature a simple weighing platform where trucks drive on.
As soon as a truck moves over it, the scale records the actual weight of the vehicle at a remote point. They come with a very sensitive load cell that records accurate weight of a truck then sends it over through a physical cable to a remote terminal. It has a rugged ramp that a truck drives over slowly at speeds of 3-5 MPH, just slow enough so that the wheel weigher can calculate the truck’s axle and load weight while in motion.
When measuring the gross weight of a vehicle, the axle weight must be measured first. After that, any addition provides the overall or total weight of the truck. When the weight of an empty truck is determined, then it becomes simple to calculate the net weight of the transit goods.
Their rugged and highly versatile design has made these scales the most commonly used weighing scales in various applications. They can be used in both off-road and on-road applications. Additionally, they are suitable for use in logging, construction, and demolition among other applications that require movement from one point to another.
Benefits of In-motion Wheel Weighing Scales
In-motion wheel weigher scales offer a wide range of benefits for users. Some of the most notable advantages of using portable wheel weigher scales include:
- High level of accuracy. With the ultra-sensitive load cells, these portable truck scales provide accurate weight readings thus becoming the popular solution in measuring vehicle weights.
- Highly portable. The system comes in a package of weighing pads, wires, and terminal. It is very easy to carry and takes the least space in the back of a car. The high portability has made these systems the most sought-after scales on the market.
- They’re equipped with convenient weighing terminals that have LCD with the ability to print and store data. This is beneficial to farmers and other transit companies when resolving overload issues.
- Easy to install. In-motion wheel weighers are pretty simple to install compared to other weight measurement devices. It requires the least time possible to install and record truck weights. In fact, due to their compact sizes, portable truck scales can be set up by one person. It does not require any additional infrastructure to install.
- They are the most cost-effective solutions in truck weighing. They are suitable for a variety of industrial applications. They can be used at any place or time. Furthermore, it records vehicle weights regardless of the axle number, time, and speed.
For more information about in-motion wheel weighers, or to find these portable wheel weigher scales available for sale or rent, visit WalzScale.com, a leading industry supplier of these portable systems, as well as other advanced truck scales on the market.