How Checkweighers & Cubing Systems Aid Warehouse Automation
Warehouse automation is the approach used by various types of warehousing businesses and distribution centers to technologically-streamline procedures with purposes of controlling costs. Automation involves integrating new technologies and systems, installing applications, improving labor resources, and using online programs to advance a business’ operations.
Checkweighers and cubing systems are two systems that are on the forefront of warehouse automation. Below we discuss these two systems and how they aid warehouse automation.
Checkweigher systems are designed to record the actual shipping weight and is also used to compare the expected weight to the actual weight in order to come up with accurate order picking; thus avoid costly mistakes.
Checkweighers are considered very helpful machines because they are automatic in their very nature. These systems are found at the end of a business production process. A checkweigher machine often involves other checking and analysis devices, such as metal detectors and sorting machines which enables other features on the pack to be checked accurately.
Checkweigher machines use high speed weighing scales which use electromagnetic force restoration which gives accurate and appropriate readings. Apart from being fast and reliable checkweighers are also highly efficient as they analyze and give accurate results within a short period of time. Here is how they aid business automation.
- With its accuracy a business is assured a hundred per cent weight inspection.
- Checkweighers save materials and produce more products and give high profits thus relieving extra costs.
- The appliances also save on personnel and labor costs.
- Checkweighers help in maintaining the identity of your business brand.
- Above all they help in reducing the need to redo work.
- Lastly, checkweighers aid in effectively improving efficiency of equipment reducing the total cost of ownership.
Cubing systems are designed to determine the dimensions and weight metrics of pallets, cartons, and packages being shipped for distribution. Cubing systems can either come as impartial system or shipping system.
Businesses worldwide use various cartons and vendor supplied cases. Cubing systems and dimensioning automation equipment are best known for their use in shipping operations. Instead of using rulers, tape measures or any other measuring devices, all the consumer has to do is place the item onto a cubing device.
The process is quick and takes less than a minute. Apart from that, cubing systems are reliable and sufficient. Here is how they aid in business automation.
- Dimensional cubing systems improve accuracy and reliability. Therefore, the chances of errors are very rare during the work process.
- They are fast and do not waste time. Hence, making it to be more convenient to many business personnel.
- Cubing systems reduce on labor and personnel cost because the system operates.
- Advanced cubing systems improve on efficiency of the equipment reducing the total cost of the ownership.
- Since the cubing systems are accurate no work needs to be re done again.
The process of automating the shipping and observable process aims at providing the greatest profits with little investment involved. The automation process mainly affects packing, scanning, weighing and labeling outbound shipment.
Many business have embraced checkweighing, cubing systems, and dimensional weighing scales to help them gain a more productive edge of competition. Using checkweighers and cubing systems are not all the ways of aiding business automation. Various applications can also be used depending on the consumer’s preference.